Sunday, March 8, 2009

Never as planned

I've spent the weekend sorting through a few boxes, getting ready to move. Did not get as much done as planned, never do. Today has been a total bust... I HATE daylight savings time. It screws with me something fierce. Morning are already difficult enough dealing with the MS, but take an hour away from me and I get totally screwed up. I honestly don't know how it's past 10 pm already. Seems every time I looked at the clock, more time had passed than it felt like. Of course sleeping till 10 did not help. Will have to double up the alarm clock in the morning, make sure I get up and get to work.

Now on the knitting end of things, I've knitted, but not really accomplished anything except figuring out my bright idea did not work. I thought I would make a small trinket bag using the "pi" shawl theory, and considering I'm lousy at math and have no clue how this theory actually works, I use a generic patter written by someone else. Pi shawls seem to be one of the current rages in the knitting community. They are done in the round, usually starting with 9 stitches on 3 double point needles, this is a royal pain in the A**, so I do it using one 40 inch circular needle via the magic loop method. Want to talk about keeping fine motor control working, that will do it. Anyway, I don't think I knitted enough rounds because my little bag looks freaky. It's round, like it should be, but did not do what I wanted it to. I may revisit the idea later. I've decided the project is on hold for a bit as the thought behind it is being reevaluated.

Since I managed to sleep till 10, I'm not really sleepy now... geeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment